Memory Verses for the Week:
James 1:2-3 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
Daily Scripture Readings
- Day 1 Mark 11:15-26
- Day 2 Mark 12:28-37
- Day 3 Mark 14:1-11
- Day 4 Mark 14:12-25
- Day 5 Mark 15:16-47
Hymns of the Week
- Trinity Hymn 261, What Wondrous Love is This
1) What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul,
what wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this that caused the Lord of bliss
to bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul;
to bear the dreadful curse for my soul!
2) To God and to the Lamb, I will sing, I will sing,
to God and to the Lamb, I will sing;
to God and to the Lamb, who is the great I AM,
while millions join the theme, I will sing, I will sing,
while millions join the theme, I will sing!
3) And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
and when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on;
and when from death I’m free, I’ll sing and joyful be,
and through eternity I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
and through eternity I’ll sing on!
- Trinity Hymnal 264, Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross
1) Jesus, keep me near the cross, There a precious fountain;
Free to all, a healing stream, Flows from Calv’ry’s mountain.
In the cross, in the cross, Be my glory ever,
Till my raptured soul shall find Rest beyond the river.
2) Near the cross, a trembling soul, Love and mercy found me;
There the Bright and Morning Star, Shed His beams around me. [Refrain]
3) Near the cross! O lamb of God, Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day, With its shadow o’er me. [Refrain]
4) Near the cross! I’ll watch and wait, Hoping, trusting ever;
Till I reach the golden strand